TRAVEL AND TOURS
1. 1 out of 9 U.S. jobs depends on travel and tourism. The travel industry directly supports more than 8.6 million U.S. jobs (15.3 million total).
2. From 2010-2016 travel jobs increased 17% compared to 13% for the rest of the private sector.
3. Travel ranks as the 7th ranked industry in terms of employment compared to other major private industry sectors.
4. In 2016, spending by domestic and international travelers averaged approximately $2.7 billion a day, $113.1 million an hour, $1.8 million a minute and $31,400 a second.
5. Leisure travel accounted for 79% of all U.S. domestic travel in 2016.
6. According to the Cruise Lines International Association Annual Report, 70% of cruisers book their vacations using a travel agent.