1. The retail franchise industry is HUGE. Retail products and services franchises include furniture and home furnishings stores, electronics and appliance stores, building material and garden equipment and supplies dealers, health and personal care stores, clothing and general merchandise stores, florists and gift stores, consumer goods rentals, photographic services, and books and music stores. Retail food franchises include foods and beverages stores; convenience stores; foodservice contractors; caterers; retail bakeries; and beer, wine, and liquor stores; as well as gas stations with convenience.
2. Retail products and services franchises account for $29.1 billion a year, while retail food franchises add another $36.4 billion per the Franchise Business Economic Outlook for 2017.
3. Job creation for retail salespersons is expected to grow as fast as the average through 2020.
4. Location is near, if not at, the top of the list of factors of success for retail franchises. Some franchise experts estimate that visibility can be up to 90% of a franchise outlet’s marketing to potential customers.
5. In a study, it was found that most categories related to health and wellness are the currently the fastest growing categories of retail.